Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's Official. We're Engaged!





So, Mark's basically the most incredible, kind and generous man I know (No offense to the other men I know). He and I went to "Mormon Night" at Fenway Park (Saturday the 30th). The game was fabulous and the Sox WON!!! It was a magical game. Afterward, we were on the train going home with Shelly when Mark told me we should get off the train early to "get ice cream". We got off at Arlington and Shelly didn't suspect a thing (she thought I was hungry, which is a rational thought BTW). Well, we didn't get ice cream but walked to the Boston Public Gardens (see picture but picture it at 10:30 p.m.). He put his sweatshirt down on the ground for me to sit on and we sat near a charming pond (with ducks, reflections, and weeping willows). We talked how Boston had brought us together and Mark said a few other "sweet" things, then knelt down, which was actually up because I was on the ground and asked me to marry him. I said "Yes" and then we let it all soak in for a minute. It was a sweet experience and the ring was PERFECT! It's a princess cut solitaire with a platinum setting. It was exactly what I wanted and more.

We've now reserved the Salt Lake Temple for a sealing on December 30, 2008 at 9:40. We are so excited and can't wait to share it with you. Any advice??? I'm open for wedding suggestions.

Love Ya!!!

16 comments:

J and T said...

Again, we are just thrilled for you! Congrats! Jeff and Tara

kay said...

Beautiful ring.! Good thing you left Utah! I'm happy for your happiness. KY

Unknown said...

So exciting! Can't wait to meet Mark. Marge couldn't say enough nice things about him after she met him. Happy days!!

Melissa said...

I KNEW it!! I'm so excited for you! Being married is pretty much THE BEST thing ever. Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

Andrea...I am so excited for you!!! Marriage is about the best thing ever! I hope you send me an announcement! My advice to you is keep things simple! I was so overwhelmed and exhausted by the time my wedding day came...keep it simple!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! You should make your wedding a fun and exciting celebration.

Here are a few quick ideas to make this whole wedding planning process easier and less stressful

Select wedding vendors you like and trust. Your wedding day is too important to entrust to people you're not comfortable around . . . or to people who haven't earned your confidence. Trust your instincts. They are probably right. You will feel much more relaxed around people you like and trust.

We've got more tips.

http://www.brideaccess.com/weddings/Utah-wedding-disc-jockey/Rocky%20Mountain%20Sound.html

Brenna said...

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

My advice - if your going to spend money - spend it on the pictures! You don't want your wedding pictures to have your feet chopped off in every one!

Next - set your budget - and stick to it. And then make the decisions yourself. Don't let your mom - or his mom - take over and decide what you want for that day.

Next - stop during the reception, and take a break. Eat some of your own food.... talk to the people that you just spent all this money on, and enjoy it!

Lastly - NOTHING is as important as the temple and your marriage. DO NOT stress about ribbons, colors, flowers... all of those things fade - and you simply won't care that much after its all said and done. Love Mark, Cherish your engagement, and don't focus too much on the future. You will only be engaged once - enjoy it!

Frukie said...

YES!!!!!!! This is the best news ever!!! I think personally that us girls that have to wait a while end up with the best men! Can't wait to meet your honey! I'll be at the reception with bells on!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting me know to check your blog! Yay! I am so excited for you. I'll see you at your reception soon. December is the best month to get married in! (Our anniversary is the 20th of Dec.) The SL temple grounds are beautiful that time of year. Yay again. Yay, Yay, Yay!

Kari said...

Wow, congrats! I'm really happy for you! I agree with brenna - don't go cheap on the photographer. I used Swenson Photography and they were the best to work with! My family still use them for family portraits!

Also - spend the money on a great dress and make sure to get it fitted exactly to you. You're the center of attention so make sure you're comfortable and looking great!

One more thing - spend the money for a FABULOUS honeymoon. Even if it's not in the budget, go somewhere amazing. It's hard to vacation once kids come along so you'll appreciate a great honeymoon!

Congrats again!!!

Julianne said...

Yeah!! We are so excited for you and we can't wait to meet Mark. Enjoy this fun time even though it can get stressful planning a wedding. Congratulations!
Julianne & Quinn

Amy said...

Oh Andrea! I am so happy for you. We can't wait to meet Mark. Hip, Hip, Hooray!
Kelly and Amy

Andrea said...

Thank you all for your love and support!!! We are truly blessed!

Daphodil said...

Congrats Andrea. Brenna just told me the news. He looks like a great guy.

variedinterests said...

I'm so happy for you Andrea. I wish you all the best. Tamee

Shannon said...

Sounds like such a sweet guy! Can't wait to meet him. I just wrote it on my calendar and definitely plan on coming! Rebecca's wedding last year was a blast. Can't wait to be there to help you celebrate yours! ;)