Friday, April 25, 2008

Giverny



Ever since I went to France the first time, I've been dying to visit Giverny. It's where Monet lived and painted much of his work. Well, today was an absolute dream. It's funny how in life you think you'll never get to do something that you really, really want but if you are patient, usually the Lord blesses you with that thing and it's better than you ever imagined. I think I attempted to visit Giverny on two separate Europe vacations but for some reason it never worked out. Well, 8 years later we made it happen. We took the train and then a bus and made it to the Monet mecca. The weather was perfect and the flowers were incredible. We happened to be there until just about sunset and sun shining through the tulips illuminated them. I couldn't get over how beautiful the gardens were and how so much of what we saw really resembled his art to the T. The man in the picture was just painting by the side of the road. I imagine it's much like what Monet looked like.

No comments: