Saturday, April 26, 2008

Palais de Tokyo, Fragonard, Galeries de Lafayette




So today Denver, Jodi and I decided to split up and finish Paris on our own (as we all wanted to see different things). I commenced the day with a trip to the Palais de Tokyo contemporary art museum. It was a little interesting and dark but soooo something French people would love. This a picture of giant tree scultures. Then I left the museum and went to Fragonard. It's a perfume museum near the opera. We learned the history of perfume making, what they do today and of course I bought some authentic French perfume, albeit small. The picture displayed is a perfume organ. All of the little bottles have different scents in them. When perfumers are creating a scent they combine three or so. It can take up to a year to develop one new scent. There are only 2 perfumerie schools in the world and they are both in France. Perfumers have to baby their nose which means no alcohol, coffee or even being around smoke. Sounds like a mormon!
Later in the day, Jodi and I met at the Lafayette Galeries for a fashion show. Lafayette used to be a train station I think and now it's just an enormous mall. Asiatic was the title of the show and again we see the anime theme. I guess the French really love the Japanese.

No comments: