October seems to be a great month for me. On October 14th, I interviewed with MAC cosmetics for a free-lance make-up artist job. They did a one-on-one verbal interview and afterwards a demo. My beautiful friend Colleen was my model and totally worked it with the MAC artists. They LOVED her. During the demo the artist asked me to pretend that Colleen was a new mother of triplets and wanted an easy everyday look that she could put together in 10 minutes. He gave me 20 minutes to put it together. I used shimmery peaches on her eyes to bring out the blue and a sweet pink lipstick (of course with full foundation, blush, mascara, primer etc). If I do say so myself, she looked hot! My evaluator told me he liked my look. Overall I think it went well because they called me the next day to let me know they wanted to hire me. I won't work much because it's basically an on-call position when they get a new collection. I'll probably start after Thanksgiving! YEAH!!!
I wish I had a picture of me after the interview. I wore my black hat with black layered zip up shirt, knee length skirt and high heeled knee high boots. Mark, the sweetie gave me these gorgeous flowers after the interview as a congrats for the interview. He didn't even know I'd gotten the job. What a doll. PS- The pic of these flowers was taken with my phone but you'll see a better pic of them in my Bridal's. These flowers inspired our wedding colors; deep violet, pink, celery green, sage and bronze. Yeah it's a lot of colors but it's a concept right????

1 comment:
YEAH!!! I always knew you could do it... I am so proud!
Post a Comment